If you're planning your own wedding in Calgary or using our planning services, there are always lots of things you have to remember to do or at least consider.
Our printable wedding planning checklists are designed to ensure that you have considered everything about your wedding event so it satisfies all your requirements.
This checklist will help you organize the many details involved in planning a wedding. Keep in mind that is only a guide, some weddings will require different lead times and involve different tasks.
12 or more Months Before
- Finalize the date and times for your wedding.
- Choose the kind of wedding you want to have; the size, style, etc.
- Create a wedding budget.
- Consider hiring a wedding planner
- Reserve the locations for your wedding and reception.
- Book your wedding officiator or clergy.
- Choose your wedding party (maid of honour, groomsmen, honoured roles...)
- Choose your wedding rings.
- Draw up an initial guest list.
- Organize your engagement party.
9–12 Months Before
- Order your wedding dress and your wedding party attendants´ attire.
- Arrange time off work
- Book your photographer and videographer.
- Reserve a caterer.
- Arrange for decor, chair covers and linens.
- Book your live entertainment or DJ.
- Reserve your florist.
- Reserve any rental items from the rental company.
- Register your gift choices at your favourite stores.
- Research accommodation for out-of-town guests.
- Plan your honeymoon.
6-9 Months Before
- Decide on your menu.
- Reserve the musicians and soloist for your ceremony.
- Reserve your limousine service.
- Order your invitations and any other stationery.
- Order wedding favours for your guests.
- Choose outfits for mother of the bride and mother of the groom.
- Check marriage licence requirement.
3-6 Months Before
- Finalize your guest list.
- Choose the reader for your ceremony.
- Finalize your order with the florist.
- Order your wedding cake and groom´s cake.
- Reserve the men´s wedding attire.
- Make an appointment with your hairdresser.
|2 Months Before
- Decide on your wedding vows or compose your own.
- Finalize the reception menus.
- Confirm the wedding details with the musicians and clergy or officiator.
- Plan rehearsal dinner.
- Have the programs printed.
- Purchase gifts for parents and attendants.
- Make appointments for nails and make-up.
1 Month Before
- Apply for a marriage licence.
- Meet with photographer and videographer.
- Draft the speeches.
- Finalize reception details.
- Call any guests who have not replied.
- Meet with your hairdresser and make-up artist for consultation.
- Deliver song lists to musicians or playlists to disc jockey.
- Confirm honeymoon reservations.
1 Week Before
- Finalize seating plan.
- Determine the order for the procession.
- Have your rehearsal.
- Pick up the attire for the groomsmen.
- Confirm the final numbers with the caterer.
- Confirm details with the limousine company.
- Deliver your marriage licence to the officiator.
- Draw up a seating arrangement for the reception and write out the place cards.
- Write any cheques required for the wedding day.
- Consider hiring a wedding planner for your wedding day (if you have not already hired one full time).
- Pack for your honeymoon.
On the Day
- Give the wedding bands to the best man.
- Present the attendants and parents with their gifts.
- Relax and enjoy your special day!
After the Wedding
- Make a gift list and send out your thank-you notes.
- Send thank-you letters to suppliers and attendants.
- If you are changing your name, you can purchase a kit to make the job easy.
- Arrange for cleaning and preservation of your gown.
- Return all rentals.